This week Kendra and Scott returned to the virtual world as we were joined by Ainsley Hamill, who discussed the her Album Launch, and Jonny Downie who is hosting our SBN London Gathering on September 7th.
You can catch the full audio-visual experience, accompanied by string orchestra, house band and visuals to celebrate the mostly forgotten and uncelebrated people and places of Govan, on September 21st live in Glasgow.
This will be a great opportunity for SBN Members old and new to come together for an informal drinks reception, networking as well as listen to a keynote speech from special guest Liz Barclay, UK Small Business Commissioner.
Jonny will also get a chance to explain his role as London Relationship Ambassador and how he can support SBN Members in London, and those looking to do more work in London.
Check out some of the news and events from the past couple of weeks:
- SBN Chairman Russell Dalgleish announced that he is participating in this years London Marathon as he raises money for Bordelrine, a charity who focus on supporting and improving the lives of vulnerable Scots on the streets, or those at risk of ending up on the streets, in London.
- MBN Solutions launched “In Focus”, a new data science and technology industry podcast that brings together industry leaders to talk about their evolving leadership styles. You can listen on Spotify, Apple Music and all major podcast platforms.
- Net Zero Nation released episode 5 last week looking at “What is COP26?”. James spoke to Phil Woolas, who was the UK delegate at COP13, in a fact filled conversation featuring positive insights and tremendous optimism.
- Glencraft Managing Director, Graham McWilliam, explained how he provides dignity through work on the Becoming More Significant Podcast.
- Ian Houston’s Letter from America in The Herald returned last week as he looked at how young people today are going to become the “Resilient Generation”.
- Tom Thomas continued his India Weekly Update series which you can catch on the News page of the SBN Website.
- Karen Somerville announced that tickets for next years Fife Whisky Festival will officially go on sale on September 4th, grab your tickets for the March 2022 festival.
- Stirling University shared a great short film about the impact and successes of their Graduate Apprenticeship Programme which you can watch here.
- Seler8 hosted their Virtual Conference earlier this week on Selling in a Post-Pandemic World. The replays are now available on the conference website.
- James Fleming from The Power Within shared details on a £5000 grant available to all businesses in Scotland who are looking to access business development or leadership training. See how you can access the Flexible Workforce Development Fund.
- Entries are open for The Herald and GenAnalytics Diversity Awards 2021 so make sure you get your nominations in by August 26th.
There are also plenty of events to keep your eye out for:
- The STV Growth Academy returns on August 25th, this month looking at securing funding to grow your business.
- The Fresh Air Leadership Company is hosting a special journey by boot, bike and boat on the 20th-22nd of September.
- The Scottish Business Showcase series returns in September as we welcome a physical and virtual audience to our first of many hybrid events.
- Scottish International Week is also confirmed to return in November this year, and we will be doing our official launch next Tuesday at 5.30pm in Edinburgh - numbers will be limited but if you do want to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Interested in joining SBN? Apply on the link below