This week Kendra and Scott spoke with Joe Little & Max Browning of One Scotland and Louise MacDonald, National Director at IoD Scotland.
Joe and Max joined us to talk about their venture One Scotland, and organisation aimed at connecting International Students with Scottish Businesses in order to help them grow a professional network which can aid them in their career, but also encourage some of the most skilled students to pursue opportunities in Scotland.
Louise MacDonald was our second guest as she joined to talk about her role at IoD Scotland and the excitement around the upcoming IoD Director of the Year Awards. The Director of the Year Awards are an occasion to celebrate the great leadership talent in Scotland, and Louise wants to make sure that everyone and anyone can make nominations for directors they feel have gone the extra mile this past year.
Check out some of the news and events from the past couple of weeks:
- SBN welcome members and friends to London Scottish House for an evening of people, patter and unique perspectives.
- The Scottish Government announced their plans for a fairer, greener Scotland in the 2021-2022 Programme for Government.
- Ian Houston's column in The Herald focused on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 and memorialized those lost and those who served.
- SBN Member Mick O’Connor shortlisted for Entrepreneur of the Year at this year’s Glasgow Business Awards.
- Prestwick Aerospace plans as they start to blast off as Ayrshire aims to become Europe’s leading spaceport.
- Tom Thomas continued his weekly update from India as well, new editions every Friday.
- David Gray and the team at AM Bid launched Ultimate Tender Coach, a digital platform designed to help Scottish businesses upskill and empower themselves to win more public contracts.
- The University of Stirling launched the Help to Grow Scheme, which is 90% funded by Government.
- Murdo MacLeod and the team at Zest Mixology launched their Hybrid cocktail experience, allowing businesses to welcome a mixologist into the office or to host the session online.
- South of Scotland enterprise hosted their virtual international conference yesterday celebrating what The Borders, Dumfries & Galloway delivers to the world. Investors, entrepreneurs and business leaders joined to hear from local and global speakers about the opportunities for Borders Businesses around the world, and indeed opportunities for global business in the south of Scotland.
- The replays of all the events are available to view on the conference website.
There are also some events to look out for:
- Scottish Business Showcase - a Hybrid event, September 21st
- Leadership Conversations - Digital Wellbeing and Creating a Digital Culture, September 22nd
- Virtually Yours: Happy Hybrid - Finding the sweet spot for the new normal, September 28th
- STV Growth Academy - Maximising your marketing with STV Player, September 30th
- SBN Virtual Networking - October 7th