This week we were joined by Katie Hester, Content Strategist & Writer at xDesign, and Ian Dowson, Principal at William Garrity Associates Ltd.
Katie has reflected on her move from the world of corporate law to content strategist as she shared her passion for helping clients tell authentic stories. She also touched on the network she has built in Edinburgh after falling in love with the city.
Ian Dowson was our other guest, and as a founding member of SBN it was great to hear his story. After falling into the startup scene in London in 2008 after an international career in finance, Ian has found himself at the forefront of both FinTech and Govtech.
Check out some of the key news and events from the past couple of weeks:
- "Celtic Diaspora conference can unites Scotlands 'lost actors'" says SBN CEO Christine Esson
- EIE21 goes virtual with a keynote from Kate Forbes
- 1718ltd see their busiest year to date despite the affects of COVID19
- Murdo MacLeod and Zest Mixology celebrate 10 years in business and a Decade of Decent Drinks
- The Power Within share their fully-funded award-winning Business Growth Academy with business owners in Scotland
- Listen to Episode 68 of the SBN Podcast Series with Fiona McKinnon
- Ian Houston's Letter from America: Remembering the fallen Scot of Vietnam
- e.fundamentals create 12 skilled tech jobs in Edinburgh to support their global expansion
- Join Carbon Financial on June 23rd for a conversation with Jamie Murray
- Central London Networking and Golf Days - check out PBLink's upcoming networking events.
Don't forget our two conferences next week, on Tuesday June 15th.
At 1pm BST we’re delivering the next edition of our Diaspora Conference, this year focusing on how the power of diaspora networks can support entrepreneurs and scaling businesses.
Then we follow that up at 4.30pm with Virtual Networking Conference with Kissing with Confidence where we will learn some key skills in virtually networking and then learn from those who have been able to scale their businesses globally by utilising those methods.