Think Different Events is delighted to announce we will be working with the Allied Health Professionals (AHP) team of Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) to organise and deliver their conference in October. (COVID restrictions permitting).
This in-person conference will be our first major event where we are able to bring people together again since February 2020.
Over 150 practitioners from all 14 AHP disciplines are expected to attend, with a mix of plenary sessions, workshops, and posters included in the programme.
Our role began with providing some free advice on how to run such an event. It became clear to the team that they needed our support to meet their expectations and we have already been involved in finding the venue and AV production team.
Like most of our events, this will be a genuine partnership, with the KMPT team providing all the content for the event and ourselves managing a number of areas including:
- identifying how best to schedule the activities and presentations,
- liaising with the speakers to obtain their biographies, session descriptors, etc.
- managing all the delegate aspects from initial invitation through registration to online and onsite support.
- working with the venue and production teams to ensure the successful delivery of the conference in a safe and secure environment
- creating a Digital Conference Library to host all the conference content
- providing in-person and online solutions to ensure conference delivered as expected
- marketing and social media support
Alleviating the COVID risks
While we are working towards a face-to-face conference, we are conscious of the need to manage the risks surround the current COVID pandemic.
As such, we will be developing a virtual conference solution in parallel to the physical event to ensure that the delivery of the conference content will be possible irrespective of the restrictions in place in October.
The changing event organiser skill set
Our recent experience has identified that today’s event organisers require a new skill set to turn them from an event organiser to a virtual event producer.
As such we can expect the team to be making regular use of the following tools to make the project a success:
- Adobe Premiere and Elements
- Canva, etc.