This week Kendra and Scott spoke to some familiar faces as they were joined by Ian Houston, President of SBN Americas, and Russell Dalgleish, Chairman of SBN.
Ian joined us to talk about his upcoming visit to the UK where he has a packed schedule speaking at events, meeting with SBN members and talking with the Scottish Government and Industry Bodies about how to increase trade between Scotland and the US.
Russell joined 2 days ahead of his big day as he talked about why he is running the London Marathon on October 3rd. Russell is running to support the charity Borderline which helps homeless Scots in London.
Check out some of the news and events from the past couple of weeks:
- Listen to the latest episode of the SBN Podcast Series - Iain Anderson, Outstanding business comms strategist and the Government's LGBT Champion
- Cleanology hosted a red carpet charity fundraiser in London to support The Hygiene Bank.
- Birkintree got a great write up by Dave Broom in the Whisky Manual as he reflected on his experiences adding Birchwater to his Whisky.
- One Edinburgh and Africa Scotland Business Network came together to talk about how Scotland & South Africa are collaborating in 2021 and beyond.
- AM Bid celebrated 7 years in business with a breakfast event at WeWork in Edinburgh.
- Angel's Share Glass wins Family Business of the Year at the 2021 Association of Scottish Businesseswoman Awards.
- ScotlandShop and Clan Hunter come together to share stories from the Hunter Clan from around the world.
There are also some events to look out for:
- FutureX are hosting the Startup Summit virtually from October 25th-27th, and in person in Edinburgh on the 28th.
- We are hosting some Virtual Networking for Members on October 7th
- Our next Hybrid event will be held physiclaly and virtualy on October 19th
- Sottish International Week is getting closer and closer, with the flagship conference being hosted from November 2nd-9th.