This week we were joined by Michael McCuish, Public Relations Director and Consultant, and Dave Stewart, Managing Director of The Fresh Air Leadership Company.
Michael joined us from his base in New York to talk about the importance of media relations when looking to enter the US market. Michael recently wrote a piece for Daily Business where he wrote about how vital targeted PR is when looking to raise your profile.
Michael spoke from first hand experience as the PR & Customer Relations director for Away from the Ordinary, a Scottish travel company that pivoted during the pandemic to deliver high end virtual whisky and gin tasting.
Our second guest was Dave Stewart who delivers bespoke thinking experiences for leaders in amazing Scottish places as Managing Director of The Fresh Air Leadership Company.
As we enter the thick of summer the interest in outdoor workshops has increased as customers see them as a COVID-safe, inspiring space to explore Purpose, Values, and Vision.
With a lot planned for the coming weeks, including their massively popular free Fresh Air Business Walks in Scotland, you should definitely keep an eye on The Fresh Air Leadership Company.
Check out some of the news and events from the past couple of weeks:
- Michael McCuish was the contributed to Daily Business this week as he wrote a piece on how “Targeted PR is a vital route to the US market”.
- The Net Zero Nation podcast has got off to a running start and you can catch the 4 episodes so far here.
- Andrew Morrison’s LinkedIn Live last week focused on 9 suggestions on how to effectively manage bids and tenders during the busy holiday period.
- Massive congratulations are in order for Karen Somerville of Angels Share Glass as she was announced as a finalist for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- The IoD Scotland Director of the Year Awards is now open for entries, get your nominations in for the 12 cross-sector categories here.
- ManHealth are looking for some NED’s to join their high-impact award-winning social enterprise board.
- AAI-Employability have a new look! Check out their new website and read some case studies here.
- Catch the latest India Weekly Update from SBN Ambassador in Bangalore, Tom Thomas.
- Don't miss the upcoming Energy Technology Event Series from Africa Scotland Business Network.
- Join London Scottish Rugby for a celebratory lunch on July 23rd at The Caledonain Club in London, get your tickets here.
Interested in joining SBN? Apply on the link below