Founder of Turn Left Digital
"After years of living abroad I have found a re-connection to Scotland through the Scottish Business Network and the entrepreneurial vision, and banter, of its members!"
A Glasgow University alumni, originally from Arbroath, Fiona McKinnon is a Media Consultant with over 17 years’ experience in the Digital Advertising Technology Industry.
Fiona’s experience is global having built businesses and mentored teams across International markets including Australia, USA and Canada.
Fiona has held senior Commercial, Operations and Management positions for ad tech businesses including The Exchange Lab, Adconion and Adviva Media.
Fiona founded Turn Left Digital in 2014 and specialises in advising Publishers, Advertisers and Ad Tech businesses on programmatic advertising strategy, technology innovation, sales mentoring and operational efficiencies. Clients include The Pangaea Alliance, a co-operative formed of The FT, The Guardian, Thomson Reuters, CNNi and Dennis Publishing.
Fiona is a keen sports fan, petrol head and traveller and incorporates these passions into annual Grand Prix trips.
Partner - JFP Strategic Planning,
Director - Sunningdale Corporate Finance Limited
Director - London Scottish International Limited
"Having worked with owners of small and medium - sized enterprises (SMEs) as an Adviser, Mentor, Non-Executive Director and Corporate Financier for the last thirty years, I have noted that the successful ones are good networkers.
So, when I heard about the Scottish Business Network, I was keen to get involved and am honoured to serve on the Advisory Board"
Originally from North Berwick, Norman (aka Norrie) took a Business Studies degree at Edinburgh University before qualifying as a Scottish Chartered Accountant with Ernst & Young in London.
His first job in industry was as a Finance Director of a Scottish & Newcastle subsidiary, which was building a golf course and hotel complex in the South of France. Following this, he spent seven years abroad with Mobil Oil, working in 15 different countries worldwide.
For the last 30 + years he has been Richmond based, working with the owners of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as a Business Adviser, Mentor, Non-Executive Director, Chairman, Strategic Planner and Corporate Financier working with over 1,000 companies in the process. He is industry agnostic (if he can understand the business model, he will get involved).
He is currently a Partner in JFP Strategic Planning, a Director of Sunningdale Corporate Limited and for the last nine years a Director of London Scottish. With Investor Relations responsibilities, he has helped raise over £6 million from over 150 investors and for the last 34 years he has been a member of The Caledonian Club.
He also carries out Group Mentoring sessions for the Richmond Chamber of Commerce and is on their Awards Panel.
A self-confessed sports nut, second game out of school he was playing first class rugby for the Edinburgh Academicals going onto play for London Scottish, British Rugby Club of Paris, YC & AC in Tokyo and Wellington University in New Zealand. He also played East of Scotland League Cricket and has participated in the Scottish squash and skiing Championships. He is currently a keen golfer and tennis player.
The term 'Scottish Business Network' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 9 Springfield Road Linlithgow, West Lothian EH497JH. Our company registration number is SC548512 and registered at Companies House. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.